Sunday 27 January 2008

Grand Day Out


OK, it is the middle of winter, but Hester and I spent far too much time indoors last weekend. It's such fun to get out and explore. We both love travel and I hope we can do lots of that together in the warmer months to come. We are already planning a coach tour to Ireland. Hester has never been there and I was very young the last time I visited.

Have to keep up the paragraph thing or Robert will be on my back again.

My first pic is of the Pentland Hills as seen from the southern extremities of Edinburgh. The white strips you see are artificial ski slopes. Many years ago when I lived in the area there was only one, now there are three. The lines across the picture are high voltage power cables.

It's not easy to realise from the picture that these animals are Scottish Highland Cattle. They have "Long Horns" which is unusual in this country, and they have very long coats. Again unusual.

Sadly they were quite far away from the fence and my zoom lens was not able to bring them much closer.

You know I love equines. Young horses and ponies in particular. So my last picture will be no surprise. It is so cute. Hester was very moved as well. He was such a cutie.

8 comments:

Mike said...

Not far from where I live is a pony sanctuary. My youngest has sponsored one. Typically, she sponsored one that was rude, aggressive and on its last legs.

Marteen said...

I can certainly relate to "rude" and "on it's last legs". Especially after a few sherries!
I sponsor a horse called Boo at Redwings sanctuary. I will probably never see him but I know the money is going to a good cause.
Despite the fact you made fun of my error on Ellies Blog I am very pleased to have been visited by you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and hester have been getting out and about in the country. I hope you didn't get up to any sort of hanky panky in the country lanes.

Marteen said...

I hope you are not making suggestions of impropriety between myself and Hester in the countryside cheeky minx. I try to write a wholesome blog, despite the wickedness that goes on in the world.

Annette McCann said...

I'm for unwholesome blogs myself. Unwholesome AND wicked! Hanky panky too, is good.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Annette on that one. I suspect you and Hester are far from wholesome given your past at the girl's school.

Deacon Barry said...

Jack and Jill went up the hill
To have some hanky panky.
Jill, the dill, forgot her pill
And now there's little Frankie.

Old Knudsen said...

Long horned cattle are an ancient breed like me. Be careful in Ireland (as in ROI) I hear they are all cannibals.