Monday 17 September 2007

Finally Done It


It seems I have finally got my head round the uploading of pics thing. About time too. The animal in the foreground is called Polo. As you can see he is a llama. Not the sort of animal you come across frequently in the Scottish countryside. He lives on a smallholding, with three of his relatives, in Damhead. He has a habit of walking up to you and pressing his nose up against yours. Sadly he has yet to discover breath freshener! Alternatively he might shove his muzzle up into your armpit. It must be some sort of llama thing. On a different note altogether, is it just me, or are there other people with Blogspot experiencing spurious bits of German filtering onto their pages? I don't mean common stuff like zeitgeist or kindergarten, I mean real non-understandable German! And last, but certainly not least, a big thank you to my good pal Annette for providing the picture.

6 comments:

Annette McCann said...

Nice to see Polo! How about another trip up there to see them in the flesh again?

Marteen said...

For sure. I'll see what I can arrange. Can I assume the kids enjoyed it then? I certainly did. How's things coming along with your own personal blog? I think the world is almost ready for you!

Deacon Barry said...

Um Gottes willen! Ich habe auf dieses immer gepostet. Was gibt's? Ist Blogger jetzt Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles? Scheise!!

Old Knudsen said...

I have a german, er I mean Franconian who comments on me, it gets his back up everytime I post about Hitler.

Marteen said...

These damn krauts. First they invade Poland, and now Blogspot. Next thing you know they will be claiming to have invented Frankfurters, Hamburgers and Diesel engines, the schweines (thanks to Russell Brand for that one). I know what scheise means 'deacon', so go and rinse your mouth out with soap, right now young man! My advice to you 'old knudsen' is to follow the words of that great diplomacist, Basil Fawlty. "Don't mention the war. I did once, but I think I got away with it".

Marteen said...

Looking at the llama photo again I have to say I may have made a mistake. I have to say they all look the same to me after a few sherries but I think the animal in the pic is probably Crianza. Well how are you supposed to tell which sex they are when they are covered in all that fleece?