Thursday 26 July 2007

Double Edged Sword

Been a bit quiet lately because my mum has been ill and I am very concerned. She has been suffering from nausea for the last few days and has taken to her bed. Not a good option. It can cause more problems than it solves. Then a couple of days ago she fell in the middle of the night going to the toilet. Fortunately she has this emergency wristband and when she presses the button on it, it will summon help for her. She was helped into her bed and fortunately a "Rapid Response" team came round today to drag her out of her bed, and get her on the move again. It's what she needs. I have had to go round frequently to let her regular carers in to her flat but she seems to be on the mend. On the up side I saw a fox this morning. It casually cantered across the road in front of me as I was driving to work. My name drop today concerns a man of the cloth. A person only one rung down the ladder from The Pope himself, I believe. I refer to Cardinal Keith O'Brien. I have to admit when I went to deliver to his house it was not him that answered the door today but I have met him a few times and he is a typical layed back Irish man. He is only the second person in Scotland, ever, to have been made a Cardinal. It's funny how the great and good usually have an endearing humility about them. And then you get the pretentious gits who buy an over priced tacky-box house in suburbia and a 4x4 and think there is something special about them. What a topsy-turvey world we live in.

No comments: