Friday 20 July 2007

I'ts All in the Name

One of the interesting things about my job is coming into contact with people who have unusual or amusing names. For example, Florence Torrance. She is a lovely old dear, and doesn't her name just trip off your tongue? Another one I like is Donald McDonald. So good they named him twice. I would have to deduct points for sheer lack of imagination though. My favourite is one that always sets me off giggling. I swear to you this is a real person. His name is Mr Peter Ness. You are probably asking yourself, what is the old bat on about? Has she been hitting the sherry too hard again? This isn't remotely funny. Let me explain. Some of his mail has his first name shortened to it's initial. It therefore reads " Mr P Ness". Gets me every time.

1 comment:

Deacon Barry said...

I once met a Gordon Bennett in Wester Hailes.